Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Knife of Truth

The poem I posted yesterday was written during a traumatic era in my life, as is the one I am posting today. I am thrilled that the drama and trauma of that day has passed and I am a more joyful person, but I believe that we cannot achieve our joys without the trials. Life is a mixture of paradoxes and hypocryicies. It's up to us to decide if we want to make a salad or a sandwich.


Your knife of truthfulness has cut a hole in my heart
Your love poured in and out
Oozing like a thick syrup
Sweet and sticky
You removed all but one drop
When you decided to build your walls of protection
from me
One small drop remained
torturing me
sweet, yet not satisfying
Hauntingly reminding me of things I'll never know.