Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Wedding Rings

Tonight Curtis and I decided what kind of rings we'd like to wear to tell the world of our commitment to each other. He, as most men, had no clue what he wanted, or what he wanted for me. So, for the past few months, I have been searching websites for unique rings. Even I was unsure of my desires. I knew it had to be special, and it had to somehow portray our unique and delightful relationship, but finding a ring that met those specifications was not going to be easy, I thought. About three months ago, I saw a very special ring at Gilett's Jewelers and thought, "This is my wedding ring!" Look at the five rings in the center of the page. It is the next to last in that group.

Not cetain how Curtis would feel about this, I decided that rather than showing him each ring I might like, and rather than dragging him from one jewelery store to the next, that it might be a good idea to do some "research", and to compile a spreadsheet with all the various rings that I might enjoy wearing. My heart kept calling out to that one ring, though. Tonight was the night. I corralled Curtis between his other diversions, and we sat in front of my monitor and looked at rings. We had not discussed the idea of engagement rings, wedding bands, whether our rings would match or anything... we just knew we want to get married, eventually. About the only thing we do know is that when we do, we will do it in Vegas! He was as patient as any man could be expected as I scrolled past rings with diamonds, emeralds, our mutual birthstone, Garnet, and sapphires. I progressed past the gold, to the platinum rings, and almost every conceivable combination. I had even found a cool looking ring called Mokume. I had found rings that open like brooches at Treasurering.com, and rings that tell stories with special engravings, yet my heart was bound toward one certain Titanium ring. As soon as Curtis saw the ring that I wanted, he told me to stop scrolling, then he asked me to open the website. We dreamed and suddenly we both knew that this was the ring we will wear. He told me, "This ring is magical," and it is. Irridescent colors seem to dance across a polished band of aircraft grade titanium in a simple, yet elegant statement.

Now begins the search for a local dealer. Otherwise, we will be ordering rings from Australia.