Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Friday, August 09, 2002

When people hear that I'm a Poet
They often want me to write something special
They think of limericks and rhyming verses
Songs and birthday cards for sale
Often they fail to realize that he heart of a Poet
Cannot
Perform
On Demand
~ ~ ~ ~
Poets have a life-long love affair with words
We embrace them, caress them as we form them in our hearts
We hold our words carefully and let them dance in our brains
Words, to Poets, whether spoken, read, written, or simply thought
Are our
Children
How we compose our poems is how we discipline our Children
Lovingly
Carefully
Tenderly
Strictly
Fairly
Uniquely
Endearingly
If someone else appreciates our words, our children,
we are pleased

~ ~ ~

Dorogoy, Muchacho, Amico, Amigo, or friend
Spasibo, Gracias, Grazie, Merci, and Thank you lead to the same end
Privet, Ciao, Hola, Aloha, Hello
All tell someone you hope they won't soon go
My, mi, me, or moy
Mean that I own that toy!

~ ~ ~

"Write me a poem," you said
As casually as asking me to "Pass the salt"
You had no idea that you were asking me to bare my soul to you


Or maybe you did.