Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Saturday, February 08, 2003

7 Miles

The beach is 7 miles from my house, and I have lost my comment link on my page. But the beach is only 7 miles away, so I am not going to worry about that right now. It's late Saturday morning and I am all alone, but the beach is 7 miles from here. I know what I should do. I should make the bed, finish the laundry, start the dishwasher, vacuum the carpets, dust the blinds, work on my writing, finish my research, pay my bills, clean the toilets, organize the garage (yet again), buy some food for the week, and then play with my future stepson when he comes over. But the beach is only 7 miles away and I know what my heart tells me I must do. I must forget about all the shouldas and the couldas and the chores. I must go to the beach, because it is only 7 miles away. There, nobody cares if my hair is tidy or my makeup runs. Nobody will know if my windows are streaked or if my socks smell sunshine fresh. Nobody will notice that my bills are in a stack as tall as Mount Everest on my desk. The skies are overcast and today would be a perfect day for baking brownies, but I won't do that - at least not until I have completed my walk on the beach. Because it is only 7 miles away, ya know? What a shame to waste this opportunity. See ya when I see ya - Byeeee....