Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Best Laid Plans

The Scottish poet Robert Burns, in the 18th century wrote a poem titled, "To a Mousie". Most of us remember only one sentence from that amusing piece:

"The best laid plans of mice and men, oft go awry."

How very, very true!

I've often heard people propose vehemently that everyone who wishes to be successful has need of a 5 year plan. I've felt that such a plan would be a waste of good paper, because my life tends to change with the tides! I'd be writing a new plan daily, some weeks!

We have to roll with the punches and go with the flow if we are to survive.

Lancade had to close its doors, at least for a while. This has felt like a bit of a funeral and a baptism at the same time. It is truly bittersweet for me to see the faces of the people who started out as customers and have become friends in less than two years. I know there is indeed a blessing in disguise buried under all the rubble and red tape of insurance adjusters and unsettled claims. We have to trust our attorney on this one, and wait for the planets to align with the stars in the sky....or something like that.

Meanwhile, I've got an entire LAN center inside my house and garage! Not many places to walk, but I can turn this around an get it reorganized again. soon I hope.