Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Monday, February 07, 2005

Ahhh, Birthdays!

I celebrated a milestone last week....a few things could have made it more pleasant, but all in all it was nice. No regular plans were made, other than to have a friend from California fly out to be with me - turned out she is allergic to cigarette smoke, which prevented us from going dancing as I had hoped...but we made do.

The hardest part was seeing how "old" my friend acts. She is only 3 years older than I am, but acted 15 or 20 years my senior! It was a bit disconcerting to have her ready to call it a night as early as 10 or 11 at night...I can understand jetlag, to an extent, but this was a bit absurd, I thought.

The best part was how my sweetheart behaved throughout this short ordeal. Our routine was severly changed and he acted like the classy guy he is! There were a few incidents where he was making adjustments, but that is what life is all about adjusting! My "friend" became very judgemental of him and tried to take on the relationship police role, but I just let her talk...it was easier that way.

The relationship is strained and I am wondering if inviting her was the thing to do...only time will tell.