Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Thursday, March 03, 2005

Oh to be gainfully employed again

My Job interview pending with a Temp Agency next week should provide a stream of income, get me out of the house, change my venue and my outlook on life. Or at least, that is what I am hoping.

Some of the best jobs I've ever had started as a temporary employment situation, so I see some possibilities here for a bright future; however, I would just as soon work part time to generate income, and have some free time for my writing and playing games. Of course the reality is that writing is never part time. It's something I think about all the time.

I take notes, write questions, store files, thinking that one day they may be just what I need to complete a story, sell a query, or just to fulfill my own virtual packrat needs. I've actually gone to this data base from time to time, and found just the words I needed for a particular situation. It all balances, and that makes me happy.

I'd be thrilled if my temp job could generate me with a few weeks' work at the various offices in the area. I could get to know more people, be exposed to more environments, and hopefully avoid some of the drama that has been skirting my own life for the past few months.