Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Tuesday, September 22, 2009


Today is day five of Project 365 for me. It's also day two of Senior Life proofing week.

While waking up, I looked out my home office window to see a swan, a duck, an ibis, a squirrel and several other birds I didn't recognize all eating corn at the base of the neighbor's tree. I took a photo, but by the time I clicked, most of the other birds were gone and I captured only the juvenile swan and the duck.

I spent the day, as usual for a proofing day, confined to my office. I was proofing pages, editing, fielding phone calls, giving suggestions to the marketing director, dealing with interruptions, sending sales representatives on calls, printing schedules for delivery and interviewing people via phone. I ate lunch at my desk and took only one break when Lori Richardson (Becoming Mamacita) stopped by for a brief visit. She's a GREAT hugger!

After "work" I had about an hour before my writers's group showed up, so I walked around the office complex and looked for photos to describe my day. I took a photo of some white landscape rocks around several philodendron plants and a few views of a large American flag. I found a depression in the grass and took two views of it before I noticed the sun between some palm tree fronds. My camera could not do justice to what my eyes saw, but the photos were interesting.

When I realized how hot I was growing, I returned to the building so I could wait in comfort for my friends. Just as I walked toward the front door, I saw a familiar red Supra coming toward me. My husband, Curtis rolled his window down and said, "Hey, what are you doing outside?"

"I'm taking pictures," I told him and he grinned just as I snapped his picture.