Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Friday, December 04, 2009


12-4-09
Day 78

I don't always take breaks during my work-week. It's my fault. I love what I do and I enjoy my work so much that I often don't even realize that the lunch hour has passed. I might eat at my desk when I'm hungry, thinking that as soon as I complete my current project, I'll take a break - but I don't.

Today, I took a longer lunch break than usual, but when you consider that I'd only taken two lunch breaks in more than 10 days, it all comes out in the wash.

My mother-in-law invited me to be her guest at the Brevard Symphony Orchestra Guild's holiday lunch at the Eau Gallie Yacht Club. The tables were decorated with small nutcrackers or Santas at every place, with a larger Christmas centerpiece.

After two students sang Christmas songs and a business meeting, we were served lunch. Following the soup, I dined on rare prime rib, stuffed baked potato and delicious broccoli. Dessert was chocolate cake with chocolate mousse. I did not wait around for tea. I needed to return to work.