Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Thursday, December 10, 2009


12-10-09

Day 84

This is the prescription for what ails me.

People all around me have been complaining of colds, flu-like symptoms and general sickness. I've been bragging that I don't get sick. I lied. I don't STAY sick, but I do catch viruses from time to time. This is one of those times.

Yesterday, just before time to come home, I felt like someone punched me in the nose. I came home, drank ginger tea and rested. That wasn't enough.

This morning I called my doctor and he personally told me to come in at 9:30, so after working 15 minutes, I left. Three hours later, I'd returned home and brewed a batch of herbal broth. I must be sick, because it actually does not taste too bad. I don't know what most of the ingredients are, but I do recognize the fresh ginger slices.

I slept a lot today and have been drinking my "tea" so I expect to feel better tomorrow - Saturday at the latest.

When you walk around in a balanced state of health, the least little upset rocks your world. Many people have been dealing with their colds for days and days and coming to work in spite of feeling ill (maybe this is why I caught it?) but I can't handle more than 24 hours with a pounding heard, sniffly nose and sore muscles. I can't and I don't have to, thanks to Traditional Chinese Medicine.