Site Meter

<>

Copyright 2009-2010 by
Mary Brotherton
All Rights Reserved


Inside my Brain


email me






Saturday, January 23, 2010


1-23-10

Today was beautiful. Matt and I took the top off the Supra and went on a rideabout and a modified walkabout.

We first went to the Viera Wetlands and after only a few shots, I realized I'd left my memory card home, so I did something unique - I just enjoyed the day! No photos, no digital images, just my son and me.

We didn't see any gators, but we saw many other sightseers, some Great Blue Herons, Anhingas, ducks, dead fish, Ibises and other birds we could not identify.

Matt blew me away when he said, "I don't know what that one is. I'm not an ornithologist," because I just learned this word myself last year.

After the wetlands, we stopped by his workplace, then drove to Rotary Park where we saw many more dead fish, including catfish, blowfish, stingrays and a few flounder and some we didn't know. We enjoyed the time to be together in nature before we took off to look for a computer headset for Matt. Three stores later, we found the one he wanted and picked up dinner.

Before I filled up my internal memory, I managed to snag a shot of a GBH up close!  Great day with a great guy.